Dr. Licata is an AGD Fellow
Only 6% of all dentists in the US have reached the elite status of becoming a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), and Dr. Licata is one of them. With this Fellowship, Dr Licata engages in advanced continuing education (CE) to keep current on the latest dental technologies, techniques, materials, equipment, procedures, and management strategies. This Fellowship is also for dentists committed to offering exceptional dental care.
What is AGD Fellowship?
The Academy of General Dentistry, abbreviated as AGD, is a professional dental association that has about 35,000 general dentists from different parts of the USA and Canada. This association was founded in 1952 with its headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, and is the second-largest dental association globally.
What are the requirements to get AGD Fellowship?
To earn this Fellowship, a dentist must go through the following requirements:
- Need to maintain the current AGD membership for about three years continuously
- Require an unsuspended or unrevoked dental license (for the past five years)
- Having a dental license that is not under probation, suspension, or revocation
- Clear a comprehensive 400-question AGD Fellowship Exam
- Finish the approved CE of 500 hours
- Attend the AGD Convocation Ceremony to receive the award that is awarded during the AGD Scientific Session for successful candidates as three years approval
How does an AGD dentist benefit the patients?
A dentist with the Fellowship Award can assure to offer their patients high-quality care in the field of general dentistry. A dentist who is awarded Fellowship learns new ways to give their patients comforting dental care using the latest techniques to keep up with their oral health. Fellowship members of the AGD earn at least 75 hours of continuing dental education every three years, even between their busy schedules to earn this award. Dr. Licata has completed all the formalities to become an AGD Fellow!